Rodents and Their Extermination
Every homemaker wants the house to be free from any outside invaders such as rodents, but despite the fact, and the best efforts of cleaning and organizing the house properly still rodents explore there way in our every day to day lives. These enter our house one way or the other, find their source of living and reside in our homes, and to add the worst they even set up their nest and start producing more. To ensure the safety of our homes and smooth running of our household we need to follow few steps for pest control.
More from @ jenkinspest.com
One can also consult with a professional for Pest Control. There are various methods one can follow for a healthy and pest free life. The few most popular methods are listed and explained below, these are as follows:
– Poison Pallets
– Repelling Devices
It is considered to be the oldest and the simplest of all the methods, which can be best, used to get rid of rats and mice that have invaded any home. In this method simple TRAPS are used to catch the rats and the mice Traps are easily available in two forms:
– The Wooden Trap: These are very easily available and inexpensive as compared to glue traps. In wooden traps one place some food en the moment rodent tries to catch up, the food trap is triggered and the mouse is trapped.
– Glue Trap: These are too easily available but expensive as compared with the wooden traps. It is like a piece of fly paper that the mice can get stuck on. But one has to be very careful not to use the glue traps on to the area where children or pets at home can come in contact with.
Poison Pellets (little balls or pills)
This is also a very effective and popular method, which is used in household since ages. In this kind small packets of poison pellets are used, these pallets are scattered to the areas where rats and mice are usually prone to, and frequently travel. The rodents assume these pallets as food – they consume and are killed. But with this method one faces the problem of decaying of dead rodents. Though this method proves effective but one can face serious problems in household where small children and pets reside, as sometimes it may be difficult to locate the dead and decayed rodent.
The method of keeping predators is some times useful, but it is impractical as to the homemaker cannot be aware of how many rodents have been killed and if killed or not. Though the cats and dogs may prove helpful but this is not much advisable and practical method used these days.
They are new advanced inventions of modern times. These are the electrical devices, which make sound at a minimum frequency only to the rodent ear to make them irritate and exasperate to leave the environment. But these devices do have their own limitations, as these tend to loose the density of sound after a certain distance.
As rightly said prevention is better than cure, every home maker should be very careful in not letting the rodent enter the home environment. Cleanliness is one of the most important factors which stops the entry of rodent to an environment.Few steps in our day to day life will save the home maker from these unwanted guests.
– Clean houses leads to more effective trapping and bailing.
– Rodent proof houses due to proper and good construction also leads to rodent proof environment.
– If any openings and cracks in houses are well taken care of one can stop at the possibility of rodent entry.